"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"No More Jonquils" We Write Poems #46-Street Art Poem

                      Art by RONE                         

Blood stain’s weeping caresses my face,
jonquils no longer grow in clusters,
I’ve lost my view of white picket fences only
to be left with chain link enclosures crowning me
As the sun goes down in its dubious fashion
I’ve turned a pallid white, all colour is gone,
my hair picks up highlights of day and
sends them back to a bluish sky without
birds of tendency I once knew
Red surrounds me and I take in the anger
only to cry it out so all the world may see
my lonesome misery painted on this wall

18 comments:

  1. Takes my breath away at the ending. Really gets into the persona. Very Good descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, exactly!!!! I went through the letting go of picket fences dream, escaped the chain link cage - "lonesome misery". It gets so much better after! Well done, Pamela!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Pamela! The colors created vibrant imagery. Well done.
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marian, I have written it, as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sherry, misery does make one lonesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Brenda, I enjoyed your poem as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you imbued her face with personality and pulled the scenery around her in to tell the story.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. An Interesting prompt, Nicole. I also, read the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela, I like how you wrote your poem from the perspective of the woman on the wall. Nicely done. Concise and powerful. I really liked "chain link enclosures crowning me".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the visit, Mr. Walker. Haven't seen you around for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the title of this piece; it encompasses the whole theme. Incredibly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tilly, the image does evoke some sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is phenomenal! I love 'As the sun goes down in its dubious fashion' and 'my lonesome misery painted on this wall.' A fantastic poem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found this very intense and focused. A powerful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. More wonderful writing, and love the image!

    ReplyDelete