"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A cat and A fish Tuesday Tryouts: Are We Talking Yet?



















a little fish swimming
round attracts a curious cat

fish says
I can’t breathe

big cat likes that
and replies come on out
play with me

as he pulls at the seams
of the tank and water
oozes out

smiling
delighted with himself
I’ve made my catch for the day

lying in his filthy mess
repeating over and over
I can’t breathe

cat licks its paw
saying oh, boo hoo!

8 comments:

  1. I love the directions you go in. Another type next week. You'll have conversation poems down, should you ever want dialogue in a poem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your prompts Margo, though, they can be challenging:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think kitty is entirely sincere! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annell, it simply seemed to fit:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Shay, one never knows about those darn kitties;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Madeleine, I'm trying this style and it is turning out some interesting results.

    ReplyDelete