"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Everything turns to Dust writer's island #11-tribute

Recognition of your gift
leads to remembrance
of who you were
lends itself to
contributions made

Flowers grow under
the worst conditions
always as fragrant

A compliment seduces
you into honor
with acknowledgment’s
smooth embrace
around the mind

In the church across the street
nothing is left to see
the steeple has fallen away
turned to dust
testimonial is
a commendation
read like a eulogy

Sidewalks separate everyone
buildings are barriers
well-constructed
my tribute to you

10 comments:

  1. This made me shiver. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words with excellent imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb, Pamela! It evoked many childhood images for me. ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tribute! I love the flowers that are fragrant even in the worst of conditions.......wonderful poem, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How moving! Thanks, great tribute.

    Meryl
    http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Flowers grow under the worse conditions always as fragrant"- I love that, Pamela!

    ~laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Flowers grow under the worst conditions." Very cool word picture. I like this poem a lot. The word that comes to mind when I read it is "futility." Each person's life is but a breath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too like the thought that flowers grown under the worst of conditions....there is always beauty somewhere.

    But in a way I don't see the tribute aspect of this poem being a happy one. I see buildings as barriers and sidewalks separating. I see the beauty at the beginning but fading at the end.

    Thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete