"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Pretending there is Remorse" poetry tow truck #9-beginnings and endings

So I woke with fire that consumed me and
shalt make no more excuses of my death.
Thou has disagreed and placed wickedness once
fed by the desires of the living now it’s dead.
On the altar of complacency there’s
death to all without any remorse, no
that is not existing, merely pretending more.
Feeds well the underlying problem if flowers are dying
on the table inlaid with marble, then
men will come to view the place where I dwell
beneath the light and effervescent skies.
Adieu
William Shakespeare's 'Sonnet 146': 
"So shalt thou feed on Death, that feeds on men,
And Death once dead, there's no more dying then"

6 comments:

  1. I love the phrase "the altar of complacency" - you gave yourself quite a challenge by choosing the shalts and thous of Shakespeare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. Yes, I did push myself with this
    choice. I still liked the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, I like what you did with this prompt. Not easy but it gave us a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Pamela - this was really a challenge - and you rose to it brilliantly! Loved "...beneath the light and effervescent skies."

    A master class in writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stretch being the operative word, ha ha ha!
    Thanks Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks RJ, next time I will something simpler:)

    ReplyDelete