"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Ode to Pain poets united the poetry pantry #28

I’ve grown weary of …
stones grinding away
the rough edge of a wheel,
smoothing out the cadent
molten material that’s outdated …
Nothing’s left to remove


I’ve become tired of …
living up to others’ expectations
of how it’s supposed to be,
like a burr that sticks you
continuously until blood runs
into a pool and hardens …
No more substance remaining

I’m bored with …
the ones who think they’re
flawless, knowing they always
have something concealed,
not unlike dark shadows
of an eclipsed sun …
Nowhere left to hide

As the leaf said to the flower
“You’ve made me look so pretty”
As the flower said to the bee
“Quit sucking me dry”

18 comments:

  1. Very nice, Pamela.

    'I'm bored with...
    the ones who think they're
    flawless,...'

    I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela,
    Very strong words.
    Sometimes, it has to be said, as in 'straight talking'!

    Best wishes, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You eavesdropper, you! This is delightful and more than a little true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, you zinged this one home, Pamela! The last stanza is especially wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored this whole piece. Honest and well written! What more can be asked...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela - this was fabulous! I loved the different ways you expressed having your fill - and the final stanza summed it all up brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you mix the profound with the just fun - or is it "just"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How annoying they can be, Paul:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you got to do that, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weary. Yes. Such a truth here. Well don.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jamie, too much truth really.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed that, especially the "bored" verse.

    ReplyDelete