"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, February 13, 2011

John Michael poetry tow truck #7-all you need is love / poets united the poetry pantry #29

Backgrounds exist on
every picture painted,
setting my imagination
in proper direction.
Promises kept.
Words we hold
in between. 
A crossing
in the galaxy.
Spectacular  
Coalition 
Formation
A comfortable chair,
a glove that fits perfectly,
a breeze on a stifling day,
a warm spot to rest
when I think of you.


process notes:
I wrote this poem for my husband.
This is not my usual style but
tomorrow is Valentine's day.
So here is his present.

21 comments:

  1. And what a lovely present! Beautiful, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you are suitably rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What better way to celebrate V-day.
    Home-cooked meal, quiet time and
    a good movie.
    I don't do commercial anymore.
    Thanks so much Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, he was completely surprised and
    quite happy:)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Marian:)
    He is in fact a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks zouxzoux not my usual
    style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela, you have many styles of writing, not only one. Your poem was a beautiful gift to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mary. I like experimenting with
    different styles of writing or else I
    may get bored.
    He was surprised and quite happy.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela,
    An absolute delight to read.
    I loved the 'coziness' of your words.

    Best wishes, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely poem for a lucky guy, Pamela. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the form of this... it looks like it's shaped like a king's goblet. Filled with such warm words it makes an amazing gift. :)

    Rhyme Me a Smile

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! I hope your husband was happily surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel. I hadn't noticed that.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, he was pleasantly surprised RJ.

    ReplyDelete