"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Private Patio" NaPoWriMo #3-Getting undressed somewhere besides the bedroom or bathroom

 Camino-Real Hotel, Puebla, Puebla

Taking away intricate layers draping me …
lace and cotton conforms to every move,
perspiration holds them closely,
submerged in its saltiness. 
In a Spanish-style patio,
ferns at my elbows brushing gently on my skin,
geraniums and marigolds bend, weeping with lightness.
Walls are prominent, I’m encapsulated by tiles,
I can feel coolness seep into my skin.
Talavera patterns, robust colours painted by endued hands,
glazed with a sheen to withstand the years,
I place my bare feet on them; a chill surges through me
but the sun warms my desolation.
A refreshing dip in the garden’s fountain …
hidden from the world’s view.

30 comments:

  1. One of your best, Pamela. It put me in mind of Il Seraglio, and the dance of the seven veils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the seclusion and all those distractions, it could tempt the most modest.
    Great approach to the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. Hotgood. I might take up peeping permanently. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and seductive ... beautifully written, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Pamela...It makes me want to become a jetsetter, so I can join you for a dip. ha!
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. High-class skinny dipping! I love all the details of the place you describe so carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "geraniums and marigolds bend, weeping with lightness"....wow, Pamela. What a beautiful poem, in a glorious setting. You must have felt like you were on a movie set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Viv, how nice of you to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I entertain the thought, but I wouldn't actually do it, Stan. The architecture here dates back to the 1600's (Spanish and some French influence)
    Huge courtyards, gorgeous, expansive, wooden doors, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha! Ron you are a sly one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda, you could join me for a dip, but I'm certainly, no jetsetter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice one Pam....think we all should join you and read our poetry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry, I didn't actually do this, in that hotel I surely would have been arrested:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting idea, though I don't believe it will come to fruition, Wayne;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was just beautiful! I want to be there. Pamela - you have a way of creating the most incredible sense of atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully written...touched the senses, for sure! ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. even your words are tempting, the images lush, and such a sensuous feel overall. Brava!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much, Elizabeth, writing this, I thought how wonderful it would be, to sneak away and do this;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely poem, Pamela. Tastefully sensual. Wonderful imagery which teases the mind. I love it. I agree with Viv...one of your best!

    ReplyDelete