"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

There is me - then there is you we write poems #18 need to know basis

Moderate - perceptive all by surfaces
Serene - tolerance most effected
Fanatical - petulant with sandpaper moves
Enduring and felt as abrasions on the soul

Not sympathetic - nor kind
Insolent or rude in speech or behavior
Character of capricious ill humor
Hands firmly clutching hips

Feet spread far apart to halter the fall
Boast and exult most times out of reach
Two are exactly like one - nothing too amazing
Too much to bother with – too boring




*I would like to explain this poem a bit.
This is about someone I knew in the past.
Although I never did consider them a friend.
They certainly did leave quite an impression
on me.

21 comments:

  1. I don't understand all of it, but I have met that posture, and it can belong to some formidable persons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, like the straight direct voice of this one. Some wonderful lines:

    petulant with sand paper moves
    felt as abrasions on the soul
    two are exactly like one

    And the twist on the end:
    too boring to bother makes for a still moment of wondering.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, I have met people that have left a strong impression on me too, and not necessarily favorable! Your poem portrays this. I'd say good it was the past!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad you explained that it wasn't meant to be you! The Pamela I've grown to know a little is not a bit like that. However, you have written an accomplished poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Fanatical - petulant with sandpaper moves
    Enduring and felt as abrasions on the soul". This person certainly knew how to get under the skin, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rather glad it was you who knew this person—sandpaper moves sounds too harsh. A great description.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have to follow the title of the poem - first Pamela, then someone not considered a friend, and then Pamela's reaction. Fine writing! I've encountered folks like that too! I can sure relate. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the line "Petulant with sandpaper moves"
    I know someone like this~ I can see them, when I read your words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Flaubert rides again!:) Some amazing verbiage up there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. pwf thanks and thanks for visiting!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elizabeth you are much too kind!
    Thanks
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary it does happen sometimes!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane
    Agreed we should and thanks!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sherry!
    you flatter me ;)
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Extremely relatable...a different take but I loved it. Beautifully expressed!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A little bit buttercup
    thanks!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/the-perfect-poet-award-4-poets-rally-week-28/

    award notice.
    Thanks for the contribution!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete