"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, September 16, 2010

STING - Brand New Day-teachers-someone I once loved / poets united #15 Leonard Cohen




Teachers
always the right time: never wrong
exits became entrances in a place where everything
seemed askew; emotions high and nothing normal;
then paint touched a canvas: magic was created
windows flung on paths to highways
opening a book: the universe was revealed lands
visited and a life became vibrant with words and shapes



Someone I once loved
I want to bundle up wrap myself in furs: to protect me from
The chill I feel whenever you’re around: cast aside those
imprudent possessions and let them rot in era: or put them in a safety
box with heavy weights: and throw it in the sea to watch it sink:
the coldness is abusive it chafes my mind and soul
I must cover up to keep a thick layer between you and I

12 comments:

  1. Two interesting poems, Pamela. In the first poem I especially like "a life became vibrant with words and shapes." And, in the second poem, I really feel the chill right along with you. Some people one DOES need to keep a thick layer between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderfully written poems filled with excellent imagery! Awesome post! =)

    -Weasel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these, Pamela! Opposite viewpoints, LOL. And yes, you must cover up, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teachers.

    That really got me because I have been lucky to have great teachers and mentors. I too, found the words 'a life became vibrant with words and shapes' too beautiful and apt.

    Thanks, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. coldness is abusive it chafes my mind and soul

    Better to let go, and stay warm, perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane thanks and yes totally!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jinksy I am trying but it is soooo--cold!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...opening a book: the universe was revealed lands visited and a life became vibrant with words and shapes...

    ...I like those lines! and as for the Someone I Once Loved piece...I can definitely relate...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete