"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Eugenia León & Lila Downs "LA BRUJA"



And here are the lyrics of the first few verses:

Ay que bonito es volar (Oh, how lovely it is to fly)
A las dos de la mañana (At two o'clock in the morning)
A las dos de la mañana (At two o'clock in the morning)
Ay que bonito es volar, ay mama (Oh, how lovely it is to fly! Oh, Mama)

Subir y dejarse caer (To rise and let oneself fall)
En los brazos de una dama (In the arms of a woman)
En los brazos de una dama (In the arms of a woman)
Y hasta quisiera llorar, ay mama (I almost feel like weeping, Oh, Mama)

Me agarra la bruja (The witch grabs me)
Me lleva a su casa (She takes me to her house)
Me vuelve maceta (She turns me into a flower pot)
Y una calabaza (And into a pumpkin)

Me agarra la bruja (The witch grabs me)
Me lleva al cerrito (She takes me to the hills)
Me vuelve maceta (She turns me into a flower pot)
Y una calabazito (And into a little pumpkin)

Ay dígame, ay dígame, ay dígame usted! (Oh, tell me, Oh tell me, Oh tell me, please!)
¿Cuantas criaturitas se ha chupado usted? (How many children have you sucked dry of life?)
Ninguna, ninguna, ninguna ¿no ve? (None, none, none. Don’t you see?)
Que ando en pretensiones de chuparme a usted! (It is you I intend to suck dry!)

2 comments:

  1. Muy bonita--muchas gracias para escribirla.

    Our poetry potluck is open, if you have poems (old or new) to share, link in NOW,

    you can link up to 3 poems, the more you share, the happier we are.

    Thanks for the participation! Tuesday 8pm is the deadline to link up, please hurry up!

    Happy Monday Poetry Potluck!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tengo una aqui!
    Nombre es ~as I sleep~
    gracias
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete