"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hope carry on tuesday #72

It started out as a feeling
Which grew into hope:
I searched in open drawers,
looked in locked-up wardrobes.
Could never find what I wanted.
I ran into the yard, stumbled upon a rose bush,
bleeding, red and coppery to my senses,
dripping on the pavement into crevices,
in warm, circular pools, coagulating,
formed, crusted, little dried up rivers.
My hope was all I had, now it's lost.

12 comments:

  1. a feeling grows into a hope.
    lost in the end,

    what a heartfelt piece.
    love your word painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bitter but not quite :)
    good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such heartfelt sadness in this poem, very well penned though!! Thanks for linking my friend, Potluck's very happy to have you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ssina thanks and thanks for visiting!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks and I like that site buttercup!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete