"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How about that! napowrimo #14

Jars and filled up stuff crappy thoughts of life

You remind me unpleasantly of coldcream on the kitchen counter

Of where I’m headed to it should be in the bathroom cabinet



Cranberries canned mascara smudged under my eyes

Pickles on the fire my hair’s a friggin’ mess

Always love roasted pickles bathroom towels on the bedroom floor


They remind of our fantasy days wet and smelling musty

Dancing in platform shoes can’t you ever pick your stuff up off the floor

In the bar where we met you are getting on my nerves

It was early April we need to end this love affair



When you wore a lacy nightie I’d like to have someone nice and tidy

Too bad it was filthy who will call me sweetie pie

I should have done the wash more and tell me how wonderful I am

Covered in sweat and blood is that too much to ask


It’s the blood that stained our lives you can be such a selfish twit

The sweat was indifferent me I am perfect

Sometimes I wake up crying so loving and kind not a mess at all

Reflecting upon your meanness I am certainly better than you


Then I say “what the fuck, it didn’t matter anyway”

22 comments:

  1. I like how this poem moves, and the diction is wonderfully reflective. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOh someone's not a happy little vegemite
    ( old fashioned oz expression)
    I liked this poem. It is a good example of
    being frustrated with a situation and the thoughts that goes through one's mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, I found synergy in your lines!-Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. A house cleaved cannot stand? This had the feel of a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm...really like the gritty feeling of this! It's real, and it's effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a deep and thoughtful psychology here, the more evident feelings toward the top, then outed by the deeper and more direct ones just underneath. I like the honesty of the narrator (never assuming it's you) unless?
    Beautiful honesty!
    JDM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori,
    Thanks for the compliment and commenting.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rall,
    I am glad you liked it and it has absolutely nothing to do with my real life. I swear!;)
    Vegemite, I had to look that one up. Is it good???
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT poem! It's like the reader is inside your mind throughout this poem. You did a great job of pulling the reader in, because that's how I felt. You definitely pulled off the connection of bringing poems into one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Francis,
    No, it certainly cannot. Thanks.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin,
    Thanks and sometimes it can be gritty!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. JDM,
    Could be me know'll never know! Thanks!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Richelle,
    Thanks for your comments. I am glad I was able to do that. Cool!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so good, Pamela. so delighted to read this three times over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uma,
    Thamks! And so nice of you to day!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have had that inner monologue, more than once! Great stuff, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Australians eat vegemite on toast. Brits eat marmite.Ours is better.That saying comes from an old ad
    We're happy little vegemites
    as bright as bright can be
    we all enjoy our vegemite
    for breakfast lunch and tea

    because we love our vegemite
    we all adore our vegemite
    it puts a ROSE in every CHEEK

    (Yes ....I know)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice! I enjoyed reading this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eryl,
    Thanks and I have it more than once myself.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute Rall! But I somehow bet the Brits would disagree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Weasel,
    Thanks for reading!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete