"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Sun on Arboretas" Poetry Tow Truck 20-My Chemical Romance


Herons are flightless in the simmering sun
Nesting by a languid lagoon the movement of
arboretas bend with glistening leaves as a breeze passes by
Kraals surround the outer edges of a scene where an ancient
xebec is approaching the village’s sandy shore,
rendering a delicacy to its atmosphere



Donna says;
Exercise One: Starting Points
From the periodic table, choose a line of at least 6 elements in a row in any direction: horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.  Write those letters/sets of letters vertically down the side of your paper.  Use those letters as inspiration for the first word/words of your line.
I chose He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe, Rn,; thanks for the exercise Donna.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely poem - the exercise looks extremely difficult! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry, it was not particularly difficult. I tried to stay consistent with the first two letters of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job! I loved the vivid expression and imagery that arrives with your words~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the delicacy rendered to the atmosphere. Good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the exercise looks tricky, but you accomplished it well. A few of the words you use sent me to the dictionary though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela, What a fun excerice. I may need to give it a go. I love how the xebec renders the scene delicate. You are very clever.
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The exercise seemed challenging, but I admire the creativity you've brought out with it.

    Hi! I'm a first-timer, but not gonna be for long..
    Great blog and amazing poetry! I enjoy such poems; rhymes that can be groomed from any topic...these are fun and fulfilling to read and enjoy! Keep writing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, the dictionary came in handy doing this exercise. Especially Kr and Xe, I don't use those words in my real life. I did, however learn something, and that makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Brenda, I think Donna needs more participants over at her site. She is nice enough to set up these prompts for people. I may give this one a go again in the future. I wrote this quickly. I was strapped for time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiducia, it is very nice to meet you, and thanks for such a lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just brilliant, Pamela. I copied out the exercise, pondered, made a few false starts then contrary to my dogged nature, I gave up!
    Please what is a xebec?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Viv. "XEBEC" is a Latin term for a three-masted sailboat that sailed in the Mediterranean Sea in the 14th century.

    ReplyDelete