"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Blue Selvage" writer's island #20-superstition

A blue blouse adheres to
stitches, moving along the finest edges
of colours, exploding and vibrating
patterns, laid out smoothness
Hands slide, holding together beauty,
ease of fingers pressing with
great care …
a seamstress
Give or grading matters most,
constructing from selvage of fine material
A top stitch keeps everything in position
while searching for a safe place to exist
We tuck and gather to become the pattern,
dancing to maracas’ syncopation
as we seek to be that blue blouse

18 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, I love that blue blouse! I hope this one is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was cleverly done. Quite a blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embroidery of words. Delicious!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite enjoyable... I especially like the last 3 lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this and so well done. My mother was an excellent seamstress (not paid) and taught me as well to sew my own clothes. She took care with everything she made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can that technical stitching a blouse? It would be fun to those with time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela, you have sewn a fine poem with your words here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anthony,I wrote this yesterday, and felt it fit the prompt. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anna, and thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Andy, I enjoyed the puzzle;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee, my mom did as well, but I however can only sew buttons:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kaykuala, not much time here, myself. Nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, this poem was written for Annell's new book project, and I felt it fit the prompt. There are people who believe in lucky clothing?!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Pamela...I like this a great deal. I thought it might be for Annell's project...well done!
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pam Ma'am,
    Correction: It can BE that technical....blouse?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete