"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Friday, November 12, 2010

what happened? day #12 november PAD chapbook challenge-forget what they say

I’ve already forgotten
everything told to me
when I was young

Seeing the world as a different place
Hatred, cheating, lying
How is it in the heart
that deception seems to rule?

Like stones worn by corroding
acid with grooves wide enough
to swallow you and burn the skin
We need to smooth the surface
clean with something more beneficial:

Like caring and compassion

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we DO need to smooth the surface clean with something POSITIVE. Nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane and wouldn't it be lovely.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish that some of the things we were told when we were young DID prove to be true.

    Well composed, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah me too, Mary. I think we just grew up in such a different time in the US. Where it was safe for your children to play in the street,
    etc ... How things have changed in all aspects.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete