"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Monday, November 1, 2010

Doors and Books Day #1 November PAD chapbook challenge (closing doors and turning pages)

Page upon page I have turned,
evolving into what I am now
Though some of the paper
has yellowed becoming
brittle with time

Closing thresholds on faces
that have spurned me
Laughter that I hear on days,
is your own self denial
While you try to tamper with my
hardback cover

Are you attempting to dismantle
me bit by bit …
When it is you who should consider
unfolding the shroud that you have
lamented so carefully shut

8 comments:

  1. I can identify with the pages turned, Pamela, and yellowed with time. (I am doing PAD also. I have done it for the past couple of years.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I can so identify with this.
    I am going to try and give it a shot and write one a day. I participated in napowrimo in April.
    It was a lot of fun.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I really like "closing thresholds on faces that have spurned me." Your creative language definitely makes me see an image. (I am doing the PAD as well..keeps me on my toes during November!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Diane and we should kept on our toes ...
    LOL!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your analogy of people as books. Some of us have even burned a few of our back pages. (LOL!)

    And anybody who starts off with a Jethro Tull tune is okay in my book! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela, so good to see friendly faces at PAD. I love the line about tampering with a hard cover. Like your entire metaphor. Works so well with where we all are,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eric,
    Thanks and nice to meet you. I saw Jethro Tull back in '78. Fantastic concert.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth,
    It is nice to see you over at PAD challenge.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete