"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, November 21, 2010

"he travels alone" poets united poetry pantry #18

He walked miles …
never reaching his objective.
Waving arms and cheering smiles,
waiting on the other side.
No place to call home.
Waiting in the coldness.
Icicles forming on the trees.
The bitterness within him,
substituting warmth in his heart
Explosions all around …
As the moon begged him to
forgive with the stars guiding him
like fireworks bursting.
Over the mountains … he climbed

14 comments:

  1. it's the journey, not the destination. Awesome poem, very vivid; precise imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much gnarlyoak. So very true.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see him keep climbing the mountains with stars twinkling and moon encouraging.
    your words painted a vivid image here.
    FANTASTIC poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes know this man. Let's hope the spotlight is warming. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela, I keep thinking that we always continue to climb, climb....there is no other way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was reading this...I cannot tell you how much, I've FELT like this...I substituted that person..in your poem as me...wow, that was weird. Just goes to show you how powerful, words on a screen can be....marvelous, I had to read it three times.

    "As the moon begged him to
    forgive with the stars guiding him
    like fireworks bursting." <-----O-mazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bursting fireworks under the starry skies! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. booguloo,
    Thanks and let's hope so.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. oilunderneath,
    I am glad you could relate to it.
    Thanks.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane,
    Thanks so much. You are too kind.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete