"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The City November PAD chapbook challenge #3 location

Asphalt roads, steam rising from,
their steel covered eyes.
Grated sidewalks, sounds coming from within.
Exhaust fumes suffocating in summer,
inviting in the winter snow
Plated glass: reflections of ourselves
Concrete walls surround me,
I feel life from within them, alive
Birds fly high over head
I am once again amongst chatter,
laughter, cries and sorrow
That fill the city streets.

4 comments:

  1. Pamela, like your description of the city and the life that surrounds you within it. PAD has turned into something I wasn't expecting and am glad now that I made the choice. Good luck and keep poeming,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description certainly fits the city. I noticed though when taking busses in Puerto Vallerta and Mazatlan the folks were certainly clean. I liked that very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,
    Thanks and I am referring to NYC. The cities here in Mexico are not quite like this. I am glad I made the choice to do PAD, even though my time is so limited this week on reading everyone's work.
    This weekend I hope to play catch up.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane,
    The people in Mexico are quite conscious about their personal hygiene. The cities on the other hand that I have seen can be a bit dirty. It has something to do with education. I have seen many children and adults throwing trash in the streets, empty soda bottle, candy wrapper, etc... Hopefully that is changing. Thanks for the comment.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete