"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I built it myself day #16 november PAD chapbook challenge-stacking or unstacking

I place the pebbles on top of each other
alternating their colours.
Creating a mosaic pattern that becomes
pleasing to my eyes.
In my mind they form Sahara deserts,
Never visited
In my dreams they form hidden treasures,
Never gotten
My moat is well-formed and protective.
To keep the warriors at bay, as they
try to force their way in.
May they drown in the stinging waters
below …

6 comments:

  1. I like the transition between the relaxing mood at the beginning of this poem to its 'stinging' conclusion. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, why do these prompts bring out the dark in me?
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. visual stacking...
    well put.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poem builds just as the pebbles do. Wonderful. Inventive. Thanks for a good Potluck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie,
    Thanks so much and thanks for the visit.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete