"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, December 26, 2010

about the artist's work sunday scribblings #257-manifesto

Avant-garde art manifesto
recurrent Modernism.
Rhetoric, meant for shock value.
Freedom (of expression)
Crucial elements – the exposition …
Teacups and saucers suspended
from blue moon dreams on swinging beams.
Delightful romps through conversations
of marshmallow buffers.
While someone sleeps standing up
pretending to appreciate, behind closed eyes.
Champagne toasts and hushed voices,
lipstick smiles that seem to sneer,
raised eyebrows held up by stilts.
Open invitation for a public to critique.
They’ll never understand,
It’ll be written in the manifesto.
An artist who doesn’t survive …

6 comments:

  1. 'teacups and saucers suspended'..what a lovely image to start off a New Year..hope 2011 is full of scribbles! best wishes Jae..

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting...I believe I see but I don't...my eyes are clear but the art is dim...I believe I see but I don't...
    sometimes it is difficult to really understand a true artist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks jae and I wish the same for you.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes gs that is the beauty of the world. Individuality is wonderful. I hope you had and will have happy holidays.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. your way of painting imagery with your words are unbeatable.
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jingle, but unbeatable I don't think so.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete