"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

remedios POW #14 Spanish sprinkle series


Remedios the Beauty

a first child

most beautiful woman in Macondo

como rayos de luna que se dirigen hacia tus ojos



naively innocent

as moonbeams fall and I drift into your eyes

inherited great lucidity

as if returning from twenty years of war

she rejects clothing and beauty

siento como si te hubieras marchado desde hace tiempo



too beautiful and arguably too wise for the world

I feel as if you left a long time ago

any man who loves or lusts

undeniably shall meet his end

most innocently she dances around in light


Remedios ascends into the sky one morning

envolviéndome nuevamente con suspiros

Suave y ligero al tacto

surround me once again with whispers

soft and light to the touch




process notes:

As moonbeams fall and I drift into your eyes

I feel as if you left a long time ago

Surround me once again with whispers

Soft and light to the touch


Como rayos de luna que se dirigen hacia tus ojos

Siento como si te hubieras marchado desde hace tiempo

Envolviéndome nuevamente con suspiros

Suave y ligero al tacto

19 comments:

  1. Pamela, This is stunning. I still remember that Remedios almost scorned her beauty, and didn't bathe forever. Ah, though she aroused the lust of many men, and the downfall. Thank you for bringing her to your poem. This is a gift. ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda what a nice thing to say!
    I love Gabriel Garcia Marquez!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been too long since I read that magical book, but your poem nudges my memory in the nicest possible way. (glad you added the translation. I'm not up to the subtlety)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barb and it is indeed magical!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recognised enough to pick up the Spanish meanings in the repeated translations which made the second read so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the delicacy and softness..unfortunately not familiar with Marquez or Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rall that is a nice compliment!
    you should try something by Marquez he is interesting.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hymn to beauty. Favourite lines: 'surround me once again with whispers' and 'as moonbeams fall and I drift into your eyes'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, this is such a gentle sound helped mucho by the soft sibilance of the Spanish! Quite dreamy, Pamela!

    WV: bastosse

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmmmm Remidios in Macondo..beneath moonbemas....AND a few mojitos...Ok.....nicely written Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely and sensual take on the prompt and book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Wayne
    I love mojitos yum!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Francis the book is magical!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautifully done, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete