"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, August 5, 2010

`it is mine` poets united #9 sanctuary

I seek refuge in my sanctuary
It is an unusual place I hide
to articulate my thoughts
I start with introduction from scarlet
sentences upon white paper
At times I blunder and taunt myself
But I moderate with separation
as if floating down a creek
on a summer day watching marsupials
hanging about in the trees
Then something inside me limbers up
a sample has been written
it is somber and I become intrepid
I am not transparent I have found my
sanctuary

13 comments:

  1. :-) Love love love this.

    Our sanctuaries have similarities, my love!

    My Thursday Think Tank Poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is quite wonderful. I LOVE the image of you floating down the river watching marsupials hanging about in the trees.....so cool. I like the limberingup and the finding ofyour sanctuary. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet! I like it and I never even thought to add my writing as part of my sanctuary when I wrote mine for this. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very wonderful poem! Great take on the prompt!

    -Weasel

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautifully said.
    writing, walking down a creek,
    these are amazing ways to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sanctuary sounds so welcoming. The
    one on one with nature. Lyrical poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela,
    Lovely to meet you and your words.
    I have found sanctuary many times, when alone with my own words, or those of a favourite writer.

    Best wishes,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pamela, I love the idea of floating down a creek watching marsupials! Brilliantly done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for all your nice comments
    now it is time for me to go visiting everyone over at poets united!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea and flow...
    A sanctuary in motion...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always love your words! Wonderful take on the prompt! :-)

    ReplyDelete