"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a visit napowrimo #7



you show up at my door with a 2L bottle of chlorophyll water

tell me it’s good for my health while smoking organic cigarettes

then on our first official date you ask

want to visit Elva B. Shoecraft

she lives in the cemetery by my house



Process notes: I met Michael (my partner now for 14 years) through a mutual friend. I was totally mesmerized from the second I saw and spoke to him. He is brilliant, handsome and a bit eccentric. I was however a little concerned about the cemetery thing. Until I saw the cemetery it was small and quaint and very old. He taught me about how last names long ago were associated with the family or the person’s occupation. Well I thought it was interesting. ;)

16 comments:

  1. eccentric is GOOD...and a cemetery is a great place to day dream...and write poetry....and drink good wine.....all done with TASTE....nice tanka also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you didn't go out with that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like an impromptu and highly unusual date, go girl! ;-)

    Thanks for getting in the experience as tanka too.

    Alan
    With Words
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. cemetarys are heavenly ya know no matter what the hour... so happy you found a lasting love... erotic engine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cemetery is an interesting date, by the person's house is a little strange. The Tanka experience is a new thing for me, so it was really great to be exposed to this style. Nice work!

    -Weasel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very original! I like the tanka and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, now that's a first date!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's making a good first impression :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela, I love this. Makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, Now that's a memorable first date invite! Nice job, as always.
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work,original and beautiful :)

    Marinela x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marinela,
    Thanks so much for the nice comment!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love this, Pamela. I'm a big fan of eccentricity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wayne: Yes, I agree. Thanks!
    Rall: He is my present partner
    Alan: Thank you so much!
    Pieceofpie: Thank you
    Weasel: Thanks!
    Robin: Thanks!
    Dan: Sure is. Isn't it.
    Francis: no,kidding!
    Uma:Thanks
    Shari:Thanks
    Jason:Me,too! Thanks

    Hey everybody this is not my usual style of commenting but I am so tired.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a great first date story! and a great idea to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carolee,
    Thanks so much! And it is all true.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete