"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, April 15, 2010

a shitty little ditty napowrimo #15

I am a poet

I am so cool

I publish daily

To please you



I am a poet

Schnizzle Wizzle

I can rhyme anything

Uncle Tizzle



I am a poet

I be so bad

My words so sweet

They drive you mad



I am a poet

Don’t take me wrong

And if you do

Bite my schlong



I am the reason

God made the world

I am a poet

My words are swirled



Like magic mountains

Going up to God

I am a poet

You are a toad



I am a poet

I am so cool

I am a poet

I know you drool



When you read my writing

Just bow down low

I am a poet

I think you know



There’s no-one more important than me

I am a poet

Deedeedeedee



Don’t even think of crossing me

I am the reason for liberty

I am the reason the sun comes out

I taught the Beatles to twist and shout



I taught Aretha to pay respect

I taught Mata Hari to pay her debt

I didn’t kill the Kennedys

I don't tie ribbons on oak trees



I am a poet

And now I’m gone

Just remember

Who sings this song

26 comments:

  1. A poet with a rapper's bravado? You may be onto something there :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francis,
    This is totally supposed to be humorous. I hope I don't offend. This certainly is not my thing.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rall,
    It does doesn't it? Not my type of music at all! But I just wanted to have some fun, if you know what I mean ;)
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pamela--That was great! Lots of good, funny, and juicy stuff in there. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin,
    Glad you did! It is my attempt at being funny!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely! I sang this all the way through, love the bit about teaching the beatles to twist and shout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy,
    Really?? Too funny!Thanks!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pamela I could sing this. Great, loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uma,
    Thanks so much for your nice words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome piece! I always love reading what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jess! You had a good one yourself!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, I'm LMAO here... bite my schlong!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan,
    I am glad you got a laugh out of it :)
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha this is funny! I like the sarcasm that's apparent at certain points. Nice work! It definitely has a musical sound to it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This brought a smile. The bit about "I didn't kill the Kennedys" made me think of "Sympathy for the Devil." A nice echo in this, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Richelle,
    I am glad it made you laugh. How yes it it full of sarcasm. Thanks!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  17. James,
    I am happy it made you smile. Now that song by The Stones is in my head! Actually it was a reference to the brothers.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll be laughing about this all day! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dan,
    Happy I could make you laugh! Thanks!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very funny and easy to sing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stiletto,
    Thanks. I had fun writing this, really ;)
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete