"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

while we catch our breath day #9 november PAD chapbook challenge-slow down

Catch your breath while leaning on the post
Having run for miles with nowhere to go
Circles never seem to end

As in a nightmare where a tiger chases
you down the city sidewalk
Never quite catching up — out of breath
Slow down … with no place to be …

In such a hurry … you race along the widest,
lane in life with no apparent destination
In time the bones will grow weary looking,
for some rest … take a deep breath

8 comments:

  1. Pamela, yes, it's all in the breathing. Slowing it down, slows the pumping heart, frees the blood to move in ways that once again allow thought. I often tell people to remember to breathe, then have to allow myself that same ease, lol. Keep it up, you are doing just fine,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. smart advice.
    you write real poetry,
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,
    Thanks and it is all about slowing down. I know so many people who act like life is going to pass them by, if they don't race around.
    Pamela
    btw: I am trying to hang in there with PAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this, especially that bit about unending circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks James. Nice to see you.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder to take a breath. I love, "you race along the widest,
    lane in life with no apparent destination
    In time the bones will grow weary looking,
    for some rest … take a deep breath ". I want my husband to read this one. He's the busy one. I'll take a deep breath first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Judy.
    We all need to take a breath.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete