"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A deadly visit day #28 PAD november chapbook challenge-what really happened

Headlights came up the drive,
she stepped out – slender
with long dark hair – Delilah
works in a club across the bridge.
Making a living with bumps and grinds.
(Existing on her esthetic looks)

Carrying a package,
especially made – for you.
Wrapped up nice and tight.
(deadly weapons are always concealed)

“Misfortune and sorrow why have you
come my way?”

Delilah returns to
bumps and grinds for stockbrokers,
whose wives wait at home.
Their babies – crying.
Watching the clock … the hours pass slowly.

“The sirens wail on this
foreboding night”

process notes:
This story needs some work.
But that is for the future, when I
feel I can approach it.

6 comments:

  1. Pamela, wherever you take this, it has certainly caught my attention. You will know when the time is right. Some stories, need to be told in small increments. I know that mine did. And the PAD allowed me that, for whatever reason. Suffice to say, keep writing,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    Thanks and someday I will have the courage to approach it.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, such sadness for the lives of Delilah and others with similar stories; but I am glad you have the core of the story down, and I have no doubt you will come back to it sometime and do more with it. It IS so important to do 'slices of life' when they occur to us, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    "Slices of life" yes.
    With an unhappy ending. Not an easy subject for
    me to write about.
    Thanks for the kind words,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela, I can understand the stockbroker. I was one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    The housewife or the stockbroker?
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete