"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Asking for a seat on a bus day #21 november PAD chapbook challenge-permission

“How far to your destination?”
“Can I give you a hand when you
arrive?”
“dame un mano, por favor”
Arriving at the bus stop.
“Could you help me with
my bags?”
For hours we travel on the
rough back roads.
Sweat forming on our brows,
“Could you open up the windows?”
Please.
It is much too hot, hoping
for rain, to take away this stifling
heat.
You turned to me and said,
“Do you mind if I leave you
at the next stop?”
You never needed my permission
Adios
You decided to take your life
Goodbye

6 comments:

  1. Pamela, this sounds like an eerie echo to what I posted today. Especially those final lines. There is mystery in your poem, almost feels like a secret, finally released.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, I agree with Elizabeth...but know there are sometimes you need to give yourself permission just to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,
    There is a truth to this and it was so very hard to write. A very painful story.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    Yes, so true and hard to do.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bus people are so polite in Mexico. The only problem is heat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    Yes, the people in Mexico can be very nice.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete