"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A burial Day #4 November PAD chapbook challenge-Containment

I laid out the dress
While you picked out the jewels
On satin you place your head
A beauty in life-death
So cold to touch, now
Where has your spirit gone?
Is it roaming over open fields,
where flowers grow wild
In the fiery sun
Or soaring through the dark clouds,
looking for a place to rest
When I look up at the stars,
are you watching me?
As we put you in a final,
resting place beneath the tierra

“May you rest in peace”

4 comments:

  1. Oh Pamela, this is so heartfelt, sad. It hits me in my heart, but I read it with admiration of your well written poem of mourning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Thanks and I will be visiting and reading this evening. It has been a busy week. And I have been trying write to prompts as well as PAD. I am feeling a tad overwhelmed.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking at you now.
    cheer up.
    you deserve the best.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome join our poetry community, a place poets share and encourage.
    I signed in to follow your blog.

    hope to see you share a poem with us at our potluck tonight.

    8 hours before it is open from now.

    cheers,
    sign in to follow our blog to keep posted about our most recent update.

    ReplyDelete