"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

changing the scene we write poems #33-say what you want

Plaster gets put over hurt …
painted with an old brush.
Many times – paint won’t adhere,
concealed behind masses of despair,
a façade you frequently wear.

We plaster it once again trying
wallpaper trimmed with fancy edges.
Expensive, unyielding
until it bursts from too much fatigue.
I have tried with my hand outstretched,
a grasp never felt …

I pulled subterfuges away – slowly.
When a sparkle came through,
a fragile dance round a subject.
Bricks and blocks come in handy,
say what you like –
I’ve never listened anyway.

Prepared with paint and plaster
in abundance of fear and suspicion.
Forethought
Trepidation
Weeping glacial mountains that look like,
orchids in a forest flattened in bark.
Where are the conversations of mine?
Solitude’s encapsulation to erase my dread,
to reveal my words so hidden.

12 comments:

  1. Pamela, I'm glad you let words fly in your poetry, instead of hiding them behind subterfuge and despair. Your work is honest and sometimes painful. Thanks for sharing yourself. It's always a treat to stop by and read.
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, this isn't a happy poem, but it certainly is a breathing and honest one. I love your metaphors and unexpected imagery. You always take me to places I recognize yet know I've never been. Thank you,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to re-read this a few times. I still don't know what it is you want. As Elizabeth says, it itn't happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brenda. Hiding behind my words is not something I am accustomed to. (maybe that is why I get myself in a mess sometimes :)
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth it is quite honest in that so many people hide behind their lies or false pride.
    Thanks.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Viv I am simply saying as I told Elizabeth that I would like more honesty and less strife. I am a fairly happy person, but there are times when I bump into someone who just loves to upset the apple cart (so to speak).
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...weeping glacial mountains that look like, orchids in a forest flattened in bark."

    I really like the imagery and insight. Containing this image as happy or sad does it a disservice. There is sweetness in melancholy; sadness can be a seductively beautiful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOTS going on here....it is ALLLLL good Pam.....thanks again....enjoy the moment and the season.....GRETINGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big Stew thanks and I see you are new to blogging.
    Keep writing you have some compelling things to say.
    Poem on ...
    Happy holidays!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wayne there are always many things going on in my brain ;)
    You do the same and enjoy your new granddaughter!
    Cheers,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reached out to me...

    One great poem!

    Merry Christmas to you and you family!! May your muse be always with you.

    dead woman and her wants

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gautami thanks and may peace be with you and your family. Happy holidays.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete