"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pearl Jam - Crazy Mary (Live)



Don't take the trip


Treetops in autumn against a stone, blue wall
Fairies singing lullabies in your ear
Christ in my handbag nattering incessantly
Purple, blue, red swirling high

This is not the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
Reasons that make you wonder
Aspirin coloured scum floating in a martini
tryptophan-enhanced turkeys grunting up from my dinner gravy

Angels wandering the hillside
Clean pond-scum enhances my illuminated bible,
chug a lug, chug a lug
Vomit spilled on the clean carpet
Get the Hoover

Demons running in the yard
Trying to collect the errant silverware
Grey clouds moving in
Absorbing unfettered visions

Looking for an unhappy soul
Jesus annoying me nattering from my handbag
while the orange cat twas ever,thus
Romans with a spaceship
And a Popiel Pocket Fisherman

Mayans with swords trying to kill the populous
Scrotum-scratching, snickerwarts interrupting and
trying to compete with an ever more obnoxious messiah ...
from my handbag
Falling, many notes that don’t concern me

As they spill into my glass of milk, the chupacabra drools goat blood
making pretty swirling sensations,
reminding me of a cherry shake without olives
Sacrificial thoughts remind me of where not to go ...
... like Cambodia, with its swaying palm trees,
sashaying in the autumn treetops against a stone, blue wall

3 comments:

  1. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/thursday-poets-rally-week-31-october-21-27/
    I invite you to attend Thursday Poets Rally week 31 hosted by Jingle!
    sign in, link in a poem, poetry awards are assigned upon meeting the requirement.
    let me know when you are ready.
    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Seems I missed this Jingle.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete