"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, January 17, 2010

In the ward

I was walking down the street chewing bubble gum
That day I was wearing a red shirt, I really love how that shirt looks with my blonde hair
Sometimes I’m very vain but if I don’t praise myself who will
I often visit the geriatrics in the nursing home hoping I can find my mom
Oh how I loved her, we used to sit and eat manna together talking about the antichrist
How her words resonate in my brain as I see her image
She loved to play board games and she was always quick with a joke
I sometimes wondered was she my natural mother because she was so lovely and healthy
I remember the day she told me about the Brownshirts drinking grape juice
I said to her “Do they smoke opium, too?” If they drink grape juice they must smoke opium
I would like to go back in a time machine when people were sincere
Just like my mom I am so sorry that she is gone
I have made my fortune in timetables since she left me
I have many interests some untried and others unfounded
I will remain the underdog until the tidal wave comes to take me away


No comments:

Post a Comment