"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
— Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Things that were and now are not (my husband wrote this for me for RWP)

Bleeding … relentlessy

Those days are gone…

Squandered by relentless competition … and some love

Remembering an uneasy feeling when I started

How would they look at my poor attempt

And yet



I used to go to bed at night, content that things were right

I still do … when I write



Blues, yellows, greens, all those colors, I was so proud of

them

They were mine

And they still are



Still, somehow, contented by it all

I rest inside this lonely hall

Of poems that I could not write

Of poems that I might



And finally, after all of that

I still sit here with Back the cat

He’s shiny and healthy

Just like me

As I sit here smiling



Let this be my final thought of things that were and

now are not

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing NaPoWriMo 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy.
    Nice to have met you. Hope to keep in touch.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Pamela's husband - a lovely poem ... RWP was a grand experience. It connected writers from all over the globe. Brought us together to celebrate our mutual passion and enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely connection with a partner
    who can understand
    the thrill of writing
    and express it so well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne,
    Thanks my husband encourages me a lot.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,
    My husband is very supportive of my writing. So he wrote this as a dedication to napowrimo. Thanks
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rall,
    I'll have a talk with him. But first tell me what's yours like?
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete