"Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hayes (this is dedicated to my brother who we lost this past December)

As you sit watching the birds

Do you remember all the different varieties?

Can you recall my name?

We lost you some time ago



If you would only come back

Just for a short visit and whisper my name

Do you remember the walks in the park?

Feeding the ducks and laughing at your silly jokes



And such a fine dancer

Now with legs paralyzed

To the beat of the Irish gig

How cruel life can be



I see you now look through me

As if I don’t exist

What is it you think about?

Do you think of anything or anyone?



This is painful for me

You are so vacant with that stare

As you continue to stare at the birds

Flying high above you

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful honest expression of a truly difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shari,
    Thanks so much for the comment. Yes my brother died of Parkinson's. And to watch him deteriorate was so painful.
    I really appreciate your kind comment.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete